SAVE THE DATE EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Sustainability & Resilience 2023 Thursday October 12, 2023 8:00 AM- Noon The ASCE Phoenix Branch Sustainability Committee is hosting a half-day symposium on Sustainability and Resilience in the greater Phoenix Metro area, at a location in west Mesa. Current event sponsors are City of Mesa's Environmental & Sustainability Department and the ASU Sustainable Cities Network & Project Cities Program.
Featured Speakers & Topics:
· The Honorable John Giles, Mayor, City of Mesa, "The Sustainable and Resilient City of Mesa"
· Councilmember Jenn Duff, City of Mesa, AZ District 4, "Tomorrow is Today"
· Maren Mahoney., Director, Governor’s Office of Resiliency, and Blaise Caudili, Director, Governor’s Energy Policy Advisor, TBD
· Anne Reichman, Director, Sustainable Cities Network & Project Cities Program, "The Path to Resilience – Local and Regional Initiatives & Opportunities Paving the Way"
· Steven Olmsted, Arizona Department of Transportation. "AZ DOT’s $7B Construction Program: Addressing Sustainability and Resilience in a Generational Infrastructure Funding Environment"
· Professor Mikhail Chester, Arizona State University, "Can Infrastructure Keep Up in a Wicked and Complex Future?"
Following the presentations, the speakers will participate in a panel discussion.
Break snacks and lunch will be provided. CEU/PDH will be offered for attendance at this event.
If your agency or company are interested in co-sponsoring this event, please contact MariaAngelica at (480) 644-2845 or via email email@example.com.