ACEC Arizona College Scholarships
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
ACEC Arizona is pleased to announce the availability of the ACEC Arizona College Scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year. These scholarships are specifically designed to assist ACEC Arizona member firm employees or family members of employees who are pursuing their education in an engineering discipline. These scholarships are limited to U.S. citizens who are Arizona residents
enrolled at ASU, U of A, and NAU. Sorry, the scholarships are not available to sustaining members.
Scholarship Award Amount: No less than $1,000
Scholarships Awarded Per Year: Minimum of five
To be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be an employee or family member of an employee working for an ACEC Arizona member firm;
- Be admitted and enrolled full time (24 credit hours per academic year) as a Sophomore, Junior, Senior, or Graduate Student at ASU, U of A or NAU during the 2020-2021 academic year;
- Enrolled in a curriculum leading to a profession in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, geotechnical engineering or land surveying;
- Demonstrate the potential to continue with their college career by remaining in good standing with the University and maintaining all scholarship criteria.
Application Procedure (please submit in this order)
- Complete ACEC Arizona Scholarship application form
- Attach a typewritten statement (1 to 2 pages, double-spaced) describing:
- Applicant’s education and career goals
- How this scholarship will assist applicant in achieving education and career
- Applicant’s personal history
- Attach a separate sheet listing applicant’s extracurricular activities, honors,
employment, and volunteer/community service (include years of involvement).
- Attach a copy of applicant’s unofficial college transcripts which include grades from applicant’s most recently completed semester.
- Attach a letter of recommendation from a principal of the ACEC Arizona member firm where the applicant or applicant’s family member is employed.
- Attach a letter of recommendation for applicant from a professor, department head, or dean.
- Submit all documents via email to email@example.com no later than Thursday, April 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.